The Edutainer!

Monday, October 23, 2006

Happy Birthday iPod!


The "First Cultural iCon of the 21st Century"

Five years, and one day ago, no one had an iPod. It was on this day, a monday, October 23rd, 2001 that the beloved device was born to the masses. Since then billions of the portable entertainment centers have penetrated pop cultures iconic status. Since then, some have learned to make use of its technology, use it leisurely, and some now depend on it. The is something to say about its memory holding capabilities, especially in it later models, and the fun use of the later video version. My concern is of the isolation becoming commonplace with those using the device everyday, I am exposed to it each day on campus. I myself, do not own one, and am content not knowing what it is that I am missing, but I do know what it is that i am not missing, the world around me. I apologize if this point of view is harsh, and to heart of the matter, but if quick and easy is what drives the iPod market, i must conform my message to this such audience. Careful that the consumer does not become the consumed.Happy Birthday iPod! (Now where can I store my pictures of blowing out the candles?)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home