The Edutainer!

Friday, November 24, 2006


"Oh, no... That's a no-no."

Now this is a prime example of how a media story can traverse the television airwaves. To begin the saga, watch this clip of "Live with Regis and Kelly" guest hosted by Clay Aiken, and the follow show, Monday, rehashing thing with now present Regis Philbin.
In the next clip, a fellow ABC production "The View" chimes in with their point of view, and a phone conversation with Kelly Ripa's reaction. Finally, this topic made it easy for the banter writers of the American Music Awards (seen here), seeing as though Mr. Aiken was already on the list of presenters by the time the story hit the airwaves.

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • OK, I spent WAY too much time watching all those videos...ack! Why do I care? Why, why?

    Oh yeah. Because I love Kelly Ripa.

    By Blogger Lilly Buchwitz, at 11/28/2006 4:18 PM  

  • The funny thing is, Kelly's done the "clamp-mouth-over-cohost's-mouth" thing a few times to Regis. I don't understand why it's become "Handgate" all of the sudden.

    I claim Team Aiken, anyway.

    By Blogger Faith, at 11/28/2006 9:03 PM  

  • I agree with lilly, I spent way too much time watching those clips. But I must say they were very interesting. I even watched some of the other clips You Tube had about the story. I don't really care for either person, but I agree with Kelly, I wouldn't want someone's hand over my mouth.

    By Blogger Jennifer Malulani, at 11/29/2006 2:09 PM  

  • I love Kelly Ripa! I don' think it was homophobic and I don't even thnk it was about the germs, I think it was about how disrespectful it seemed. I mean its her show and he's the guest. When you go over to a person's house you don't open the refrigerator and look around. Same deal. If Regis had done that it might have been different because they have a respect that has built between them. I am sure there is more to this story than what we are seeing. It wouldn't surprise me if Clay pissed her of before hand and she was just done with his crap. Sounds like a Celebrity Deathmatch is bruin Diva v. Diva!

    By Blogger Kelley, at 11/29/2006 11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home