The Edutainer!

Wednesday, September 13, 2006










Going with the flow, I must be able to share images concerning the topic I choose to address here. Blogging is not solely an art of prose, but also design. Blogging shares many media examples to accompany opinion and fact. After all this technology, isn't a picture still worth a thousand words?

Everyone is blogging, even Flavor Flav! Now that I am conscious of blogs, I see them everywhere. My enlightened sight notices my favorite radio programs, authors, television stations, artists, and celebrities, all with blogs. An entire community of similar interest, as well as countering opinion audiences, is now interwoven into my mass of information consumption. Pride in the technical side is still a work in progress, but I am grateful for the sheer opportunity. I am really enjoying learning, and implementing this media form. My current enthusiasm comes from Robert Scoble, of the Scobleizer blog, and his motivating nature, when I was able to attend his visit/seminar, here at SJSU. From packaged Blog "malls" to the importance of a good title, Robert made the evening informative, and fun. We spoke of eye tracking research, keyword searches, and the blogging communities. I walked out energized. As a college student I find the blogging world a new resource for information searches, and ideas. So... Thanks to all.

4 Comments:

  • I'm glad you were there, too. But I think Robert would prefer it if you spell his name correctly (it's Scoble). And, see if you can figure out how to link to his blog when you mention his name. That's good blog etiquette.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/14/2006 4:09 PM  

  • Oh, also, do you remember the name of that "blog mall" he talked about? Maybe you could find out more about that, and blog about it for us?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/14/2006 4:11 PM  

  • My bad Mr. Scoble! I have since corrected the error and gave a mention to Robert's blog. The link is in my blog roll for those wanting the whole experience. I believe a generic mention to the packaging of blogs in a "blog mall" was part of the seminar discussion, not pertaining to a specific package. We did hypothetically speak of an online shoe store and its possible increase of profit when not solo, but joined with other makers of fine clothing in one central site. This comparision was made to that of the shop owner versus the exposure a mall store would get in consumer traffic. Thanks for the comments. I'll take all the help I can get.

    By Blogger Jeff Macias, at 9/15/2006 11:17 PM  

  • Ha Ha! I didn't know Flava Flav had a blog, that so cool!

    By Blogger Jhenene, at 9/24/2006 10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home